digital media; introductions and initial thoughts


    
I'm Kaiden Hancock, a sophomore* B.F.A. student studying film at the University of Tampa. I was born and raised in Central Florida, so being able to pursue my passion so close to home is really nice. Although, I am excited to see where the film industry takes me in the future! In the past year and a half that I have been learning about filmmaking and everything that goes with it, I have really found a love for documentary filmmaking as well as set decorating. Sharing the truth about the world we live in through documentary is something I truly admire about the art form. On the opposite side of that, however, being able to create the world envisioned by the writers and directors of narrative films through set decoration is always a new and informative experience.


    In terms of what I expect from this course, I want to learn better Photoshop skills and try my hand at Illustrator and InDesign, as those are programs I have used sparingly but I know are very beneficial programs to know how to use. I am very excited about digital media, I think that it will allow me to take my skills to a whole new level. I know that everything I learn in this class is going to be extremely beneficial in the long run, and I cannot wait to learn as much as possible to prepare me for the industry when I graduate. 


*sophomore by year, but transfer credits from high school put me at a senior standing

Comments

Popular Posts